What you’ll need:
May need: Cable Management, mounting supplies like adhesive, conduit, and items to match your aesthetic, and safety.
May need: Additional ethernet cables to match the length of your layout.
What Comes With The "Athena RFID Bade Reader" Package?
2. Ethernet to Serial Controller
3. Ethernet Switch
4. Two Ethernet cables
If you don't want to do it yourself, our professional services team is here to help. Call us at 833-928-4362 x 1 to discuss installation services and timing.
- RFID Badge Reader
- Cable Management Items for safety and the aesthetic
- Ethernet cables (length will vary by the size and layout of your location)
- Ethernet to Serial Controller
- Ethernet Switch
1. Unbox the 3 Items
2. Connect the RFID Reader to the Serial to Ethernet Controller via Serial cable
3. Connect Serial to Ethernet Controller to the switch via Ethernet Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable
4. Connect iPad to switch via Ethernet cable for this to work (iPad not included in this shipment)
5. Plug the Serial to Ethernet Controller into a power supply
6. Plug the switch into a power supply
7. Plug the RFID Badge Reader into a power supply
8. If you are using a Temperature Detection or Weapon Detection solution where the Thermal Camera is already plugged into the adapter, then unplug the ethernet from the adapter and into the switch.
9. Check ethernet topology: The Thermal Camera ethernet with (color red) crossover connector goes into the switch. The iPad adapter ethernet goes into the switch. And the "Serial to Ethernet" Controller network cable goes into the switch.
10. iPad should have a green indicator at the bottom right. If it's red, then recheck these cable connections above. And also, can recheck the Ipad Configuration and or just restart app.
Green Connection Good and you are all set
Red Connection displays Red Box lower corner means not connected properly check all cables and reboot app
Call Support if you have any questions or to troubleshoot.