Weapon Detection Product Item Checklist: Please ensure all items are here for the Weapons Detection System install with CEIA OPENGATE.
1) Controller Tablet and Operator Tablet
2) Thermal Camera (only if doing temperatures replaced with lidar sensor)
3) Controller Stand
4) Camera Power Cable
5) Power Backup Unit (optional)
6) 20 ft ethernet cable if connecting with ethernet and not cellular
7) Extension cord
8) USB-C and ethernet adapter
9) Operator Stand
10) 2 ft ethernet cable
11) Surge, protector,
12) CEIA OPENGATE
Steps To Install
1) Setup the stands or mounts
● Unpack and set up to install
● Adjust height preference.
2) Assemble Each Operator and Controller Stands
● Place Tablets in the stand to the height you would like. Note they have adjustable heights.
3) Assemble thermal camera: (Skip if no temperature detection and skip 4)
● Place it on top of caddie buddy and fasten it
4) Install and Configure Each Tablet
a) IF using Ethernet or Wifi goto under settings else skip to step 5, select ethernet and ensure manual is selected
b) Configure IP
c) IP address 192.168.88.2
d) Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
g) Above steps should now ship pre-configured from Athena's warehouse. Only configure IP settings if purchased iPad, not from Athena.
k) Ensure cables are inserted fully.
l) Connect the Apple-certified power adapter to the power device.
o) Plug the AC adapter into the back of the thermal camera (thermal optional camera)
Install OPENGATE: (watch video or follow below)
A. Set up and position poles 28-34 “ apart. Airports are 27.5"
B. Turn on the M Pole switch near the battery at the bottom of the frame. (Switch This side labeled)
C. The S Pole power switch is on the opposite side of the handlebar.
D. When both poles are On, it takes 60 seconds for them to configure themselves and pair with each other. There should be no moving metals or vibration during this 60-second setup period.
E. The poles will have a Green light on the top LEDs. If there are spiraling lights or red lights after this 60-second setup period, then consult the manual. Most likely, the poles are not oriented correctly. The “Transit” side of each pole -
F. should be facing the other pole’s transit side.
G. If they do not turn on, power reset the main pole (pole M) by turning it off and on. Use the Opengate app to troubleshoot if the poles do not configure.
H. Once the poles are synced, you can open Athena Security Weapons Detection System on the tablet.
I. Make sure that there is not moving metal within 36” of the OPENGATE. This includes doors and chairs, which could give a false positive. Every time OPENGATE is moved, it must be turned off, and back on again to recalibrate.
1. Determine your organization’s Goals, Threat Matrix, and Security Operating
Procedures. Pick your settings based on NILECJ standards according to the threat level for the day.
2. Athena Provides Information On How The System Functions- Athena Concealed Weapons Detection Solution Brief.pdf
3. Component Guides:
b. Thermal Camera link concealed gun detection | Athena | Entryway Security (athena-security.com)
c. CEIA OPENGATE Hardware
d. Wire and Connections
Camera Power Cable
20 ft ethernet cable
e. Athena Control Center link -
f. Athena App on iPad
h. Athena Alert App on android Android Mobile App Walk-Through | Athena | Entryway Security (athena-security.com)
I. CEIA IOS app
J. Walk Through Metal Detection / Weapons Detection System App by Athena Security
4. Space Planning and Layout Design
5. Aesthetic Options-
6. How to use Athena Support-
Call-833-928-4362 x 2 (Monday-Friday; 8am - 6pm PT)
Athena Security Help Desk Ticket (website) https://support.athena-security.com/support/home
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article